From:
Jane Werner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:43:03 -0500
Hi All-

First Question:
The Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is interested in finding out if any other children's museum is a LEED certified green building.  We've been talking with Brooklyn about their project and so far our two are the only ones we know about.  We're under construction and find our experiences are similar to BCM.  Is anyone else working with the Green Building Council in getting a LEED rating?

Second Question:
Does anyone have a board emeritus policy they would be willing to share with us?  We're just starting down this path and would be interested in seeing what has been done at other museums.

Thanks in advance....

Jane Werner
Executive Director

>>> "Sara Habich" <[log in to unmask]> 11/17/03 03:48PM >>>
I'm posting the below job at the request of the Children's Museum of
Manhattan.  All job inquiries should go to their HR department (see below
contact info).  Sounds like a great job!

------------------------------

The Childrenˆs Museum of Manhattan is actively seeking to fill the position
of:

Exhibit Production Coordinator

Job Description & Responsibilities:

Coordination of CMOMˆs Traveling Exhibitions Program

* Marketing CMOM traveling exhibits including developing and distributing
marketing materials
* Organizing exhibition tours and arranging for shipment of exhibits between
venues
* Overseeing contracts and loan agreements with other institutions and
individuals
* Maintaining payment schedules for exhibitions and other loans
* Serving as point person in working with loaning and borrowing institutions
and individuals
* Preparing and distributing exhibit manuals
* Arranging for exhibit maintenance (repairs and other problems that arise)
and overseeing of conditions reports for CMOM traveling exhibits
* Arranging for Technicians to visit venues for maintenance on exhibits

Coordination of Exhibits and other materials for loans to CMOM

* Researching available exhibits for potential installation at CMOM and
reviewing project content
* Acting as main contact to childrenˆs museum listserves and other museum
resources
* Responding to exhibit proposals from other institutions and individuals
* Overseeing contracts with regard to rented exhibits from other
institutions
* Managing budgets and project management for rental exhibits with
exhibition team
* Maintaining payment schedules for exhibitions and other loans
* Serving as point person in working with loaning and borrowing institutions
and individuals
* Arranging for exhibit maintenance (repairs and other problems that arise)
and overseeing of conditions reports for rented traveling exhibits

Participation as a member of exhibition planning team

* Assistant project management on small exhibit projects
* Management of short-term and long-term exhibition schedule (strategic
planning)
* Writing/editing of exhibit text
* Writing/editing text for website, brochures and PR materials for
exhibitions
* Management and maintenance of exhibit budgets
* Overseeing contracts and arrangements with vendors, outside designers,
consultants, etc.
* Researching sources for exhibit materials
* Acquiring exhibit materials

Skill Requirements:

* Excellent writing and organizational skills
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Resourcefulness and creativity
* Facility with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
* Facility with Mac and PC
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark a plus

Reports to the Deputy Director of Exhibitions
* Full time position. Salary range based on experience and qualifications.

Mail cover letter and resume to:
Childrenˆs Museum of Manhattan
Attn: Human Resources
212 West 83rd Street