From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:15:58 EDT
Dear Elizabeth,  I would highly recommend you check out the National Trust
for Historic Preservation's Website.  At their Annual conference this year,
they had several seminars on preserving Small Towns - i.e. fostering
preservation in local communities.  There are tapes available of the
sessions, and I thought they were VERY informative and would be useful to any
historic preservation organization or historical Society.  The idea was to
help preservationists and historical societies become MORE proactive in terms
of preserving our national Sense of Place, by preserving our historic
buildings, homes and monuments in our towns, working with local zoning and
planning ordinances to preserve the distinct historic qualitites of our
towns, and creating a preservation savvy population.    Audio recordings are
available from most conference sessions.  Visit www.nthpconference.org for
ordering information.
Good luck!
Best,