From:
Becky Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:43:21 -0400
Windex and similar cleaners have ammonia in them which can soften lead
around stained glass, so I don't allow them to be used in the museum.
Instead we use a mixture of 1/2 rubbing alcohol to 1/2 distilled water.
It doesn't streak, removes finger prints, and can be used safely on
stained glass.

Becky Fitzgerald