From:
Harold Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 06:39:15 -0400
At the Canadian War Museum, from whence I retired in January, we followed
the common practice of dividing the collection into one part that would be
sedulously preserved and another, in which the items were deemed to be
disposable. On occasion, items from this "Living History" collection were
sold or traded, but any disposal from the "National" collection required the
approval of the corporation's board of directors. If you would like a copy
of the policy, please contact me; I am sure it has not been amended since I
wrote it a few years ago.

Harry

"Those who play with cats must expect to get scratched"

               -  Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Harry Needham, M.A., CFE, etc.
President
Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Training & consulting services for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata, Ontario K2L 1H1
Canada
email: [log in to unmask]