From:
Ashley LaVigne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2016 17:06:44 -0400
Hello Everyone!

I recently started a new position at a small county museum and our director has been in the habit of accepting just about everything that walks in the door. I am attempting to establish a more rigid collections policy and recently we received a box of donations that contained several scrapbooks that were full of sympathy cards and a few funeral ledgers.

I am curious as to how other establishments handle these items. Do you keep them? Send them back? Or dispose of them? My boss is of the mind that we should keep them, but our space is limited and I feel that while they are certainly special, they simply do not belong as apart of our collection.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this and I look forward to any responses I receive!

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!