From:
Jack Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 21:00:55 -0800
Speaking only for myself, I would rather travel (and have traveled, at no
expense to the museums involved) to examine artifacts than have them
subjected to the undue stress which transportation may entail.

Sometimes, this has resulted in business for the lab; sometimes it was
possible to give advice which resulted in an altered storage/display
solution for which there was no charge.

It all depends.

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab