From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:59:47 -0400
The Wisconsin Maratime Museum is located in a small community in relatively rural Wisconsin. Although it is a beautiful region and a truly nice museum, the salary realities of working in smallish, rural areas include much lower pay than is possible (or necessary) in urban areas.

It is possible to live in Manitowoc on $20,000/year. Remember, housing expenses are considerably lower. It is always dangerous to compare salary ranges without also comparing cost-of-living indicies.

One would hope that if the Development director is successful, salaries for the entire staff will increase.

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:50:53 +1200, McManus,Greg  wrote:

>Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is this salary for a part-time
>position or is it seriously the fulltime salary for the position/person
>description described?? Is it a mistake?? If it is not a mistake it is very
>scary and I am completely out of touch with museum pay scales around the
>world and we pay our staff way too much...

snip

  Salary range $18,000-$25,000.
>The Museum offers excellent benefits and retirement plan.  Send cover
>letter, resume, and names of three references to the Development
>Director Search Committee at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, 75 Maritime
>Drive, Manitowoc, WI  54220.  Deadline for applications is October 15,
>1999.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).