From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:18:54 -0700
Aaron's right (as always).  I think, perhaps, it's
time to back up a bit here.

My guess is that the past few days have been horrific
for many, and that the days ahead are not going to be
very easy either.  While we have a heightened sense of
nationalism here in the US (as evidenced by the fact
you cannot buy a flag anywhere in So Cal because
they're sold out, and folks are flying them on homes,
cars, etc.), it really bears remembering that Museums
List is an international list, and politics can be
quite destructive if we think we have to have
concensus on the issues.

It might serve us well to move forward from this point
and not get ourselves embroiled into a flame war.

But, more than that, I want to ask those of you who
have had strong feelings about the acts of the few
days to consider the effects of such stress when one
experiences a sudden and/or tragic loss and what the
effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can be.
Trust me, been there, done that, definitely didn't
like the way the t-shirt fit.

I will give you a couple of snippets to read and
encourage you to do your own follow-up on these
subjects.  Anger is a very normal reaction to a very
abnormal situation, and you may find yourselves  and
those about whom you care having what appear to be
inappropriate reactions as the enormity of the
situation settles in.

The stress and PTSD info will follow in a separate
note.

Be good to yourselves, and please, let's be good to
one another.

Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me.

--- Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Ok folks,
>
> Lets back up here.

=====
Indigo Nights