From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:46:01 -0400
Dear Colleagues:
These are wonderful suggestions and they are obviously useful.  However,
the most effective way to understand all tht is involved is to really
work with someone who has had this experience so that full, specific
requirements are listed, managed and acted upon in a consistent way that
ensures sound planning and budgeting.  As an example, I was on a team
working on a new museum initiative and we were responsible for the
concept document for the new musuem, the architectural brief (that
included these items and suggested sq. footage for these spaces), and
designing the architectural competition.  With a formal document that
comes out of structured planning, all of your issues regarding space,
climate, HVAC, kitchens, conservation, storage, galleries, ducts and
airflow, etc. are covered. Many others have this type of experience and
you might think about tapping into their expertise to work with you to
construct such a document suitable to your organization and its
expansion or other related building plans.  This document can also be
used by other departments within your organization forfundraising,
finance, communications, etc.  Best of luck with the project.  If you
have any questions, contact me off-line at the numbers below.  All good
wishes, Cheers!  Geri Thomas

Geri Thomas, President, Thomas & Associates, Inc. Ph. 212.779.7059;
[log in to unmask]; www.artstaffing.com