From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:56:54 -0500
Also take a look at Marie Malaro's Legal Primer for Managing Museum
Collections (pp 204-5):

"Although a formal deed of gift is usually the easiest way to document an
inter vivos (during life) gift, it is by no means the only way...the mere
fact that a deed of gift is not on record does not mean there was not a
valid gift".

janice

Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
www.mitchellmuseum.org