From:
"P.F. Webb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:55:59 +0100
I am undertaking research into  Indemnity and Insurance and the Smaller
Independent Museum in the United Kingdom.  The principle aims of the
research are to:
(a) Identify what insurance is required to ensure adequate cover
(b) Identify how to avoid spending too much on insurance
(c) Find out where museums are generally falling short and draw
attention to the problems, plus give advice.

I am currently looking for case studies.  Are there any smaller
independant museums in the UK able/willing to allow access to their
insurance records?

Furthermore, does anybody have any horror stories of inadequate
insurance or excessive premiums that they can share - information
from any museum in any country would be useful here as the problems
may be repeatable elsewhere.

Finally, are there any insurance companies which will be willing to give
their side of things.

Any information will be dealt with in confidence if requested.  My
personal e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your attention!