From:
Bob Bacigal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 07:10:14 -0700
I have recently started an exhibit design firm. I want to use images, of the
exhibits (images that a general visitor could take), that I acquired while
previously employed as an exhibit designer at a major museum, as well as
from other companies, to showcase my skills. My direct supervisor allowed
me, as well as other employees who worked on the project, to purchase copies
of the slides at my own cost. While employed at the museum I, nor any other
employee, were not required to sign any agreement about using the images.
The implied usage was for portfolios. I constructed a web page and
consequently received a letter from the museum demanding me to stop using
the slides because I was infringing on its copyrights. I have temporarily
taken the images of the Internet, but would like to put them back on.
Because my industry is based on visual images, I was wondering if there is
any way to use them. I had, by the way, credited the museum with the
copyright symbol and date.

Bob Bacigal

Museum-L" (without the quotes).