From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:56:55 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

Amateur dino fans can hunt with a pro
Currie will lead 25 amateur paleontolgists on a four-day DinoTour in July
that will include digging at the little-known quarry along the Red Deer
River in Dry Island Buffalo Jump Provincial Park

Dig finds dinosaur that dwarfed T-rex
The remains of the creature, Mapusaurus roseae, have been unearthed in a
quarry in Patagonia, Argentina, with measurements suggesting it was more
than 13.5m long and weighed more than eight tonnes

Dinosaur Expo Opens in Kosong
More than 1,900 fossilized footprints of dinosaurs were found on a
6-kilometer long stretch of coastal rock bed of Kosong, in the southern part
of the Korean Peninsula.

Fossils of new species of Ornithopoda
This is the first time that Ornithopoda fossils have been discovered in the
Cretaceous sediments at the Songliao Basin

Professor creates 3-D online fossil system
Ryosuke Motani, an assistant professor of geology, has created a website
database of three-dimensional invertebrate and vertebrate fossils, including
shelled species, dinosaurs and mammals
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Other Fossil news: Ants are surprisingly ancient, arising 140-168 million
years ago
But these resilient insects, now found in terrestrial ecosystems the world
over, apparently only began to diversify about 100 million years ago in
concert with the flowering plants, Harvard scientists say

Supersaurus- Trexler, crew build giant replica
With more than 250 pieces, a life-size skeletal replica of Supersaurus
vivianae, one of the largest sauropod dinosaurs known, is on its way this
month from Bynum to Wyoming to Japan

World's Oldest Penguin Fossils Suggest Birds Outlived Dinos
The 58- to 62-million-year-old bones unearthed in New Zealand belong to four
specimens from a previously unknown genus of ancient penguin called Waimanu

Dinosaur invasion
Each sculpture is a replica of a rebbachisaurus, a 56-foot-long vegetarian
believed to have lived in South America about 100 million years ago

Divers recover dinosaur footprint in Yorkshire
The geologist group, together with English Nature and Scarborough Council,
called on the services of the diving club to help recover the footprint, so
it could be displayed at the Rotunda Museum in Scarborough

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History