From:
Dawn Scher Thomae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:13:36 -0600
This list is based on recent advertisements to Museum-L

The Illinois State Museum, Dakota Science Center, Old City Park, Clatsop
County Historical Society, The Navy Museum, Chesapeake Bay Maritime
Museum, and  The Brooklyn Museum offer paid summer museum education
internships.

The Shelburne Museum and Institute for Learning Innovation also asked
for museum education interns but no stipend was mentioned.

Many museums will unpaid internships so if you are interested in a
specific geographic area or museum, I would suggest sending a resume and
cover letter or making an initial call to determine any interest or
availability of their part.

I would usually suggest our own museum but our education internships
have already been filled.

Dawn Scher Thomae
Milwaukee Public Museum