From:
"J. Cuasay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:22:58 -0500
There are some other factors that you might want to pay attention to as well in your process of choosing a masters program. Reputation of a school is helpful--but it's also related to who the faculty is at the school--the various persons you may get the opportunity to work with, etc.
YES, what you actually DO in the program is also important--perhaps just as important as the overall name of the school.
But finally--I'd like to mention the outside chance that you might not have thought of--the overall stability of the school you apply to. Will it still be around 5-10yrs after you've graduated. Will the faculty also be present to provide you support and recommendations toward your
future career? Or will they be somewhere else doing something else because the insititution you went to morphed into something else either by some obvious reasons or for some other hidden economic or political reasons not immediately apparent.

Just some thoughts to also consider.