From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:49:14 +0100
Aloud_zine Art News El Paso wrote:

> I'm still rather puzzled as to why only
>about a dozen people responded on a list which boasts 1,400 plus?

This subject of representation in cultural institutions is the main topic
on at least three lists I subscribe to. On the Rhizome Internet list it is
about representation at the upcoming ISEA conference in the fall, hosted by
(I think) the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. There the central
issue is about providing economic aid for a broader representation but the
thread has gone into other aspects of the issue. If you're interested you
can find information about joining the Rhizome listserv on their web site
(http://rhizome.com).

Other than that, I don't have much to add to the discussion and I certainly
don't have any solutions but I do find it interesting and worthwhile.

ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]    http://artnetweb.com
426 Broome Street, NYC 10013  212-925-1885
PORTatMIT: http://artnetweb.com/port/