From:
Wendy Wiener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:16:28 -0500
   I am posting this for a colleague at work who is not on
   Museum-L.  PLease reply on-list or to her.  Thank you.

   I am trying to create a rates and restrictions sheet for
   outside publics who wish to rent our museum for
   receptions and parties.  We are an urban historic home
   with modern gallery space and a walled garden.  Could you
   please share with me any documentation your museum may
   have created to protect the integrity of museum, while
   still welcoming external publics to consider using your
   facility for special events.

   In addition, if your museum has created an internal check
   list of how to handle special events (i.e. what items to
   always have on hand, what questions to ask, etc.), that
   would also be useful.  Our museum is often called upon to
   give tours in connection with special events so any
   information about rates and special considerations for
   after-hours tours would be appreciated.

   Thank you for your help.  I will be happy to share all
   the information I receive.

   Jennifer Bransom
   Special Projects Manager
   The Octagon Museum