From:
Nancy McCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 08:11:56 CST
Date sent:      Wed, 12 Jan 1994 12:34:00 ET
Send reply to:  Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]
ONA.EDU>
From:           "Bradley.Hudson" <[log in to unmask]

Subject:        Traveling exhibits
To:             Multiple recipients of list MUSEUM-L <MUSEUM-L%UNMVMA.bitnet@ARI
ZVM1.CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU>

Hello.  Is any one interested in the following:  Each year my class in museum
studies takes an exhibition which has been organized and presented here at the
Lowe Art Gallery, and re-designs the show for an new venue.  For example, last
year's design, "Cartoons Caricatures, and Comics" was selected by the
Smithsonian Institutions' Experimental Gallery.  The exhibition was presented
last summer in Washington, D.C.

This year we will re-design an exhibition entitled  "Photogtaphy and
Identity".The exhibit consists of approximately 100 photographs taken by
nationally recoginized photographers.  The exhibition examines the rich
diversity of humanity through portraiture.  The exhibition is accompanied by a
check list and introductory statements by the Director of the Lowe Art
Gallery, and by the Assistant Director of the Light Work Collection, an
organization also affiliated with the university.  There is no rental fee for
the show. We usually ask the borrowing organization to help defray a
portion of the cost associated with presenting the exhibition again.  If you
are intrested in this exhibition please contact me at 315/443-4098 or by
e-mail at: [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,  Bradley Hudson, Adj Prof. of Museum Studies

In theory:  what is the weight (so we can figure shipping charges)
when would it be availavle, more info about photographers and content
of pix (brochure? contents list?)  What would be the portion of the
cost?

Nancy McCartney
Museum
University of ARkansas Museum