From:
Reine Hauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:52:35 -0400
Dear Roxanne:

It sounds verymuch like an artist named Fred Wilson, who lives and works in
NYC. His work is concerned with selecting artifacts and objects from an
institution's collection, and incorporating them into installations with
other materials,  with poltical as well as aesthetic content.  I've known
him and his work for many years, and I'll be happy to pass along the "very
handsome" part of your query to him.  Best--Reine Hauser

Hi

I overheard a conversation today about an american 'museum interventionist'
and I would like to find out more about him and his work. He is in his
mid-thirties, very handsome! and creates art by curating museum exhibitions
that pose
post colonial questions to the audience. Does anyone know who this may be?

an example of his work: 19th C painting exhibition - grouped from the
collection
on the basis of the (white) family pictured with one black child. Sound is
activated by visitor movement which is a voice of a Harlem child asking
'Are you
my mother?' or something similar...(come to think of it, it must have been a
20th C painting exhibition.....

Please let me know who this person is and whther I may point my browser to
further information.

Thank you,

Roxanne

=