From:
Lori Rockhold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:12:19 -0600
We haven't done this yet but we were playing around with the idea of a
masquerade ball.  Costume would be required of course and there would be
heavy hors d'oeuvre and a cash bar.  Some of us were thinking $30.00 per
couple ($20.00 if members) and $20.00 per individual ($10.00 if member).  It
hasn't happened yet because we also have a haunted fort, Fright Night at
Fort Condi, event for kids every year that is free to the public.  For the
Fright Night event we turn the fort into a haunted house and develop a
storyline about how the ghosts came to be trapped there.  We divide the fort
into two haunted houses, one for small kids that isn't too scary and other
is more of a run for your life scare fest that adults and teens enjoy, and I
must say, staff doesn't mind scarring few people either.  Its a lot of fun
for adults and kids.  This past year we had about 900 visitors in one night,
4pm to 8pm.