From:
"Amy K. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 08:25:23 -0800
Hi, Deb--
Did you say KNITTING?  I don't know where you are, but look around online
for a local fiber arts guild.  Our "local" in Anchorage is about 200 miles
away, but there are a bunch of us out here who weave and knit, and get
together to talk fiber.  That may be another way to get folks in--have you
thought about offering space on a Saturday for those types of meetings?
4-H is a great resource (we're just starting up out here) as well.  I was
also thinking about the "tea and murder mystery" thing.  Would you have
enough volunteers to supervise the kids and keep them busy and invite the
moms to a tea and, maybe silent auction?
You should also find out who your local National History Day coordinator is
and try to work through him/her and the schools.  The parents probably
think the living history type of thing is "all right," but I've noticed
people don't get really excited about history (like WE DO!).  Maybe we can
all brainstorm and find a way to pull the parents in and the kids will
follow.

Good luck!
Amy.

Amy K. Marshall, M.A.
Curator
Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve
106.8 Richardson Hwy
Copper Center, AK  99573
907.822.7416
907.822.7216 (fax)