From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:45:37 -0400
I work in our archives collection, which along with the library and
photographic archives all fall in the same division in our museum.

Our library is not a regular lending library, we are a reference library and
yes we are open to the public for consultation of the books onsite. The only
people who can sign out books directly are those people on our staff,
members of our Friends Organization or Volunteers with the museum. However
we do have an active Inter-library loan policy, so if someone looking at our
library database (which is accessible from our website) sees a book that
they want to borrow, they can get their local library to order it in.

Our archives collections do not circulate.

Carol Reid
Collections Manager, Archives
Canadian War Museum
www.warmuseum.ca