From:
Curtis Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 13:12:35 -0600
Here's the BATF regs on curio and relic firearms:
http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/firearms/curios-relics/
By virtue of being well over 50 years old, it's considered as a curio or
relic.  The other issue to consider is that muzzle-loading firearms (if it's
1860 vintage it's almost sure to be) are not considered firearms by the
BATF.  Therefore, they may be shipped via normal channels and do not have to
be transferred from one firearms dealer to another when shipped, as do
modern arms.

The curio and relic status gets foggy when considering arms that are older
than 50 years but function like modern firearms.  I seriously doubt you have
that problem in this case.

Curtis Morris
Shiloh Museum