From:
Jen Gayman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:33:44 -0400
"Pathways to Our Past" Weekend to Feature Historic Sites, Festivals, and
Family Fun on October 6 & 7, 2001

It's just one weekend a year - but a special weekend at that - when Queen
Anne's County's history springs to life in six historic towns and at 15
heritage sites. "Pathways to Our Past" is a county-wide touring celebration
of the history and heritage of Queen Anne's County, Maryland.

Watch giant stones grind wheat at Wye Grist Mill, walk through an 18th
century home, or step into the sanctuary of one of the county's first
churches during this special weekend when we fling open the doors for you to
explore some of our oldest houses, churches, and structures.

Featured will be 15 heritage sites throughout the county, including Cray
House, Old Stevensville Post Office, Stevensville Train Depot, Old Christ
Episcopal Church and 1652 Cemetery, Queenstown Colonial Court House, Wye
Grist Mill, Queen Anne's County Court House, Wright's Chance, Tucker House,
Church Hill Theatre, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Dudley's Chapel,
Sudlersville Train Station Museum, and Queen Anne's Museum of Eastern Shore
Life (where the annual Rotary Artisans' Festival will be underway). Costumed
re-enactors, guided tours, crafts, demonstrations, skits, plays, singing,
good food, and more will provide an entertaining look at the history of the
area.

The Second Annual "Pathways to Our Past" weekend is sponsored by the
Historic Sites Consortium of Queen Anne's County and the QAC Department of
Business and Tourism. Passes for all 15 sites are $10 per person or $2 per
site at the door. Children under 12 are free. Tickets are discounted for
groups of twenty or more.  Tickets and information are available at
Chesapeake Exploration Center at Kent Narrows or by calling (410) 604-2100
or 1-888-400-RSVP. A schedule of events is available online at
http://www.qac.org/tourism/pathways.htm