From:
Matt Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:34:28 -0400
Eve,

You may want to contact CV Fine Arts Services out of Atlanta, GA.  They
recently removed our entire collection in preparations for a massive
historic restoration and have handled moves for museums and private
collectors around the country.  The firm is composed of trained art
handlers and were quite invaluable at packing and reinstalling the
collection following the work.  I would suggest contacting Sandy Taylor at
404-733-6200, ext 142 to discuss your needs.  Good luck to you in getting
your project started.

Best,

Matt

At 12:22 PM 10/23/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>We are looking to move our collecions within the next year. I am trying
>to compile a list of companies that have a proven track record moving
>historic collections.  We will be moving from two off site storage
>buildings into one.  Suggestions or recommendations would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Eve Weipert
>
>Curator of Collections/Exhibits
>Michigan Historical Center
>P.O. Box 30740
>702 W. Kalamazoo St.
>Lansing, MI  48909-8240
>517-373-1509
>517-335-7029 (f)
>
>October is Michigan Archaeology Month!  Discover your connections to
>the past at events around the state,
>including Michigan Archaeology Day at the Michigan Historical Museum.
>Visit www.michiganhistory.org for details.

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

__________________________________

Matthew S. Davis
Assistant Curator of Education
The Old Governor's Mansion
Georgia College & State University

Campus Box 092
Milledgeville, GA 31061
478-445-4545(phone)
478-445-3045 (fax)
www.gcsu.edu/mansion

"Georgia's Public Liberal Arts University"