From:
Claudia Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 18:18:37 GMT
Hello all!  The Deutsche Hygiene-Museum in Dresden is organizing an
exhibit on the theme of "Sitting" (you read me right), which will run from
April to September of next year.  They have asked to borrow South Dakota's
electric chair, of which we are the proud possessor.  Alas, we will not
be able to lend, due to our own exhibition plans for it.

Which leads me to my question:  Is there anyone out there who knows of an
institution in the United States that has its state's electric chair?  The
director of the museum asked for the names of other museums that might
have such a thing, but I don't know of any.  I do believe, however, that
we are not the only museum in the U.S. with an electric chair.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Claudia Nicholson
Curator of Collections
South Dakota State Historical Society, Pierre