From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:30:10 +0000
We also have to understand that many parents who bring their kids to the museum mostly want to see the museum for themselves, and the kids are brought along because a) no sitter, or b) the parent thinks it will be "improving" for the child or c) parents' parenting theory believes that parent cannot be separated from child for even a moment.  In my experience, A and B parents are less receptive to all the guides/activities/etc that facilitate parent-child interaction in the museum because their focus is on their own enjoyment, not that of their kids.  C parents are the dream parents because they will use all the guides available, will engage with their kids and the exhibits, and will build that lifelong love for museums that we all hope will happen.

(my parents were the B-type parents but it seemed to work for me!)

Julia Muney Moore

Public Art Administrator

Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN

(317) 875-5500 x219

mobile (317) 460-0596

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this E-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.

Please consider our responsibility to the environment before printing this email.