From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:35:19 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  What Killed The Dinosaurs? New Evidence Perplexes Scientists
Splashing through a shallow creek in suburban New Jersey, the
palaeontologists stepped back 65 million years to the time of the last mass
extinction, the one notable for the demise of the dinosaurs

**  Dinosaurs in Their Natural Habitat
A meat-eating allosaurus is looking for food, and spies a baby apatosaurus,
cowering beneath its mother

**  Talking fossils with a digger
If you have a good specimen, such as a skull, then we do something called
micro CT analysis, which is where we take micro virtual x-ray slices of the
object then reproduce a 3D image
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  The Folklore of Footprints in Stone: From Classical Antiquity to the
Present
An article by Adrienne Mayor who is an independent folklorist/historian of
science investigating natural knowledge contained in pre-scientific myths
and oral traditions (pdf)

**  Royal Ontario Museum's New Permanent Galleries to Open Next Month
Highlights include fossils of marine reptiles, a Hadrosaur, the ROM's famous
Parasaurolophus, the complete skeletal cast of a Tyrannosaurus rex and an
authentic Triceratops skull

**  Dinosaurs breathed like penguins
Dinosaurs like Velociraptors owe their fearsome reputation to the way they
breathed, according to a UK study

**  Not Dinos But - Did birds fly from ground up or trees down?
Fossil evidence uncovered the past 15 years suggests early birds got the
worms because they lived on the ground

**  China tries farmers for fossil fight
Seven farmers from central China face trial for fighting officials who tried
to take control of a lucrative lode of dinosaur fossils

**  Tyrrell Museum exhibit features brains behind bones
A new exhibit at the Royal Tyrrell Museum puts a friendly face on a hall
full of sharp-toothed killing machines

GET YOUR OWN DINOSAURNEWS WIDGET - Now you can have the latest Dino news on
your own Blog or Web site.  http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/dinosaurnews

**  Utah dinosaur may have had a Chinese cousin
The fierce, long-clawed Utahraptor apparently had a distant cousin when it
roamed the prehistoric wilds of southern Utah 120 million years ago

**  Berlin's natural history Museum
A replica of his head is the only true-to-life reconstruction which
protrudes from a glass

**  Amur Region To Make Money on Dinosaur Bones
In the region's south it is planned to develop such projects as Dinosaurs of
Asia, based on the Dinosaur graveyard near the city of Blagoveschensk

**  Other Fossil News - New Mammal Fossil Sheds Light on Teeth Evolution
Along with the new find, the discoveries suggest that mammals underwent
tremendous diversification during the middle of the Jurassic period

**  Outback Queensland gets international dinosaur attention
Outback Queensland has become the focus of an international research project
that is helping to decipher the evolution of Australian dinosaurs and their
relationships to those of other southern continents

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 104 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History