From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:03:46 -0800
Kelli,

How small are these objects?

I have seen very small numbers that must have been applied with the
aid of magnification on small pieces of jewelery and archaeological
fragments. I would say that whatever unique number that you use for
inventory and accontability is the number that you need to use.

You might want to check with my colleagues and old friends at the
Gerald R. Ford Conservation Center in Omaha - they may have some
suggestions on doing tiny numbers on objects - talk to Objects
Conservator Debbie Long and tell her I said hello!

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator