From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:56:39 -0700
For those with squirrel problems:

I had no idea I would be contributing to the amazingly lengthy and
mostly nutty squirrel discussion, but just in case it might be useful to
someone, I read the following in this morning's local paper. This is an
area where nuts are the major commercial crop and squirrels are darling
to watch but a serious nuisance. (I've learned that not even a handful
of almonds will survive to maturity on the seven almond trees in my
backyard due to the incessant pillaging of those cute little creatures.)

"...If you want to get rid of them humanely, go to a agricultural farm
supply and get a couple of fake owls and place them in conspicuous spots
in your yard and the squirrels will disappear."

I assume the same would be true in your attic.

Lucy Sperlin
"Chico - Where the Nuts Come From" California

An aside for museum gift shop folks:
The above is a logo first associated with an exhibit on the history of
local walnut agriculture. On T-shirts, aprons, cookbooks, coffee cups,
it has become an ongoing money maker for the museum gift shop (which
also sells beautiful bowls, etc. of walnut burls).