Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 07:20:09 -0400
Ah, Thomas, as the immortal Jeeves was wont to remark to Bertie Wooster in
the P.G. Wodehouse books, "rem acu testigistu"! (or something like that)

You have touched the nub.

Performance measurement, for almost all institutions who have tried it, is
essentially a sophisticated form of covering one's posterior. Unfortunate,
because this has made most of us ignore a potentially essential management
tool.

Or have I become a tad cynical?

Harry

Museum-L" (without the quotes).