From:
Desiree Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 19:48:37 -0400
I am currently looking at the way that Native cultures has been presented
in musuems and specifically, archeological artifacts. I have look at this
issue before by looking at the Smithsonian's musuem in NY and the new SW
gallery at the University of Pennsylvania as a new tide turning in the
presentation of Native cultures. I wanted to hear what is going on in
your ouwn musuems as well as some direction to a class paper that I want
to do on the subject. Is there any references out there that someone can
direct me to. I have looked at Stoking, Karp as well as Pearce. But does
anyone one if their has ever been any articles written on the history of
Presenting the Native culture. I'm Gabrielino Indian and find the suject
inetersting. What do you all think?

Desiree Martinez