From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 14:00:16 +0200
This project sounds very exciting-I would appreciate hearing what
references you get etc. You might try to get hole of the Liverpool
museum (you will have to ask the UK contingent for contact numbers etc
I don't have a yearbook on hand) they took a brand new look at
Liverpool's involvement in the slave trade a few years ago and they
seem to have thought a lot about the various issues involved in radically
changing their exhibitions. SA is inundated with management style
consultants addressing issues of diversity in the workplace but
museums certainly can't afford them and I don't think they are particularly
useful in terms of the cheritage/culture field. Museums here are certainly
trying to address the problem but we are very much only on the first
rung of the ladder-namely asking the questions.

Good Luck

Kathryn