From:
Shayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:58:28 -0400
Randi Korn & Associates, Inc.
Alexandria Office

Randi Korn & Associates, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in evaluating museum programs and exhibitions, is seeking a Research Associate in its Alexandria, VA office.  The Research Associate will be responsible for implementing a diverse range of evaluation projects and services; coordinating data collection logistics; developing evaluation tools; collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data; and preparing reports and presentations.

The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to join a work environment that is client-centered and pursues excellence in evaluation.  A master’s degree in applied anthropology, educational psychology, sociology, educational measurement, museum education, museum studies, or evaluation, or a related field is required.  Qualified candidates will be familiar with current evaluation methods and practices and have some experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis.  The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy public speaking and giving presentations.  Qualified candidates must also be able to juggle multiple projects and work both independently and as part of project teams.  A passion for museums or other kinds of informal learning environments is preferred.  Travel is also required and integral to the position.

RK&A’s strength is that we are a team of passionate professionals.  In joining our team, you will work with people who love what they do and are driven to learn from each other, our clients, museum visitors, and our museum colleagues around the country.  Our casual office environment is comfortable and adaptable.  If you think this is the job for you, we welcome your application.

RK&A offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.  For information on RK&A, please visit www.randikorn.com.  Interested applicants should forward a resume with cover letter, salary requirements, and two independently written writing samples to: [log in to unmask], or to: RK&A, 118 E. Del Ray Ave., Alexandria, VA  22301.  Applications will be accepted through May 15, 2012. Candidates whose application is received by April 25, 2012 may have the opportunity to be interviewed at the AAM 2012 Annual conference April 30 – May 1, 2012.