From:
RANDALL HEES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:54:32 -0700
I love foam core, either with spray or self adhesive.  Using it and a color copy machine you can
make quick inexpensive displays, but self adhesive or not it doesn't wear well.  I regularly see
displays which have been up too long, and the foam core is failing.  It seems it is ok for 6
months, but not for 2 years.

All of us have too much to do and it is easy to ignore the aging displays... but as a visitor, it
is a real obvious flaw in what may otherwise be a great museum.  By the way, I have left displays
up too long, and know how easy it is to ignore peeling edges when its your own display and you
trying to do too many things.

Randy Hees
Patterson House at Ardenwood Historic Farm
City of Fremont, California