From:
Steven Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:44:29 -0500
I believe you are being paranoid.  They are not saying that you cannot link to them.  They are saying you cannot link to them in a frame, or link directly to there content directly.  They want you to link to specific pages first so that the user knows the data comes from them not
from so other person making a deep link directly to them.  IN fact they are not the only ones to do this it is common on many homepages.  People have been linking in frames and directly to data found deep in homepages as a way to portray it as their own.  All the museum is doing is
stating up forward the fact that you should not do this.  As for protecting their trademarks, if I owned their trademarks I would be retired right now.  It is worth a lot of mony and prestige.  I don't see how you can get upset with them pointing out that they own the copyright on
their material.  You may think they are going to far but I don't see their requests as anything except protecting what is theirs.  Has anyone actually contacted them about linking?

Steven Bush