From:
Erich Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 13:54:34 GMT
Murph the Surf ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: One aspect will concern metaworlds using VRML and/or programs such as
: Black Sun. I would appreciate hearing from anyone out there involved in
: building metaworlds online and opinions about the tools they are using
: or have tried.
:

We have been working a small amount with VRML (see
http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/GISlab/vrml)

But have been doing a little more with QTVR. You can see some of the
results at

http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/rcc/rcc_tour/
and
http://www.museum.state.il.us/mic_home/

A future (and fairly easy) goal is to combine VRML and QTVR to allow
enhanced browsing of our collections and research.  I'm not sure of the
usefullness of technologies like Black Sun, but I'd be interested in
being proved wrong.

Erich Schroeder

--
---
Erich K. Schroeder--Associate Curator of Anthropology