From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:54:24 -0600
Opening for Art Museum Director, Manhattan KS

The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art at Kansas State University seeks
an experienced art museum director to lead a two-year-old museum with a
professional staff of five through the accreditation process and into the
21st century.

This new facility houses the University's collection of 20th-century
American art, established in 1928, with a pecial emphasis on collecting
regional artists aand American printmakers.

Expertise needed in development and grant writing, financial management,
and institutional planning.  The Museum serves as an interface between the
University and the community, so the candidate must have good oral and
written communication skills.   The ideal candidate would have at least
five years of administrative experience, with prior University experience.
An advance degree in museum management or business and 20th century
American Art History perferred.  This position reports to the President's
office.  Salary is competitive.

Screening will begin June 1st, applications will be accepted unilt the
position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume and three current
references with phone numbers to the Search Committee, Beach Museum of
Art, Kansas State University, 701 Beach Lane, Manhattan, KS 66506.  EOE.

I will be happy to answer questions off-list - I apologize in advance -
but I will not be able to tell you what the salary will be (but it
really is competitive)!!!!

Kathrine Walker Schlageck
Education Coordinator
Beach Museum of Art