From:
Collingwood Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 13:19:17 -0500
Laura,
there is a certificate in Museum Studies available from the Ontario
Museums Association, based in Toronto.  There are a series of courses
which you can complete quickly, or at your own pace.  They are
generally about 3-4 days in length.  Contact the OMA for more information,
at [log in to unmask]

The Canadian Museums Association does some training, but I am not sure
of certification specific issues.

The University of British Columbia's School of Anthropology has just
launched a mid-career programme, which participants will take part
electronically, except for a two week period in July which must be
completed on campus (what a burden eh?)

Hope this helps...
Tracy Marsh, Director/Curator