From:
Lori Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:58:55 -0400
Hello listserv,

From my days in graduate school (some fifteen years ago) for Museum Exhibition Planning and Design I remember discussions of coming up with a 'kit of parts' for exhibitry for small to medium-sized institutions. By 'kit of parts' I mean a flexible system of temporary walls, vitrines and hanging apparatus', suitable for almost any space, durable, easily stored, etc...

I am interested in any literature, lists, and ideas from those on the listserv regarding a kit of parts/exhibit furniture. I am currently working in a volunteer capacity for a Montessori school that would like to expand their art offerings and assisting the students in developing exhibits was one of the things that came up and was well received. One of the things that their environment needs is some exhibit furniture that would support this endeavor.

Any advice, comments, feedback is most appreciated.

Thank you!

Lori Hamilton
Planning and Development

Westlake Reed Leskosky
1634 Eye Street NW
Suite 900
Washington, DC 20006

t: 202-296-4344  f:  202-296-6116 m: 202-746-3228
Washington DC | Cleveland |  New York | Phoenix | Los Angeles