Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:18:35 -0400
Suzanne and other interested parties:

I have re-established my presence on the list and am indeed receiving
messages about the question I posted concerning a job description for what
we are currently calling a Multimedia Coordinator.  I have received 2

We are trying to make a distinction between archives and collections.  We
have staff who catalogue and store photographs, etc. in the Archives, but we
do not have anyone in collections who is responsible for attaching/inputting
artifact specific photographs, audio or video to the appropriate artifact
record in our collections database.  This person (who I hope, by the way,
will be me, hence my interest in developing an appropriate job description)
might one day also be responsible for coordinating the scanning of material
in the hardcopy catalogue files (invoices, letters, newspaper clippings,
etc.) and attaching them to the appropriate artifact file as well.  While
this later notion is years in the offing for us, the reality of it is
feasible and would one day give our clients one stop shopping privileges to
ALL relevant collections data.  Hmmm, who was it that said technology would
make our lives easier!?!

Your continued involvement in our formation of a job description would be
most appreciated.  I will, of course, notify anyone who might be interested
of the end results.  I am certain this discussion will benefit more then
just myself.

Patricia Davis-Perkins
Artifact Documentation
Canadian Museum of Civilization