From:
Michelle Marcella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:42:19 -0500
Hi. I've a question about policies related to posting images of art and
artifacts on your websites.  I work for an academic medical center and we
have created a history website about our institution. Currently, we are
building an arts-related database that would track all our artwork,
artifacts, books, etc, which we would also use on our website to highlight
some of the more interesting pieces.  I am trying to find a policy that
would outline the internal approval process to help determine whether to
publish portraits and such on our website.  We have a number of items in
our possesion that we are listing in a SQL database that would have a
public website interface but are trying to figure out what we should make
public and what should be kept hidden.  Can anyone direct me to existing
policies or guidelines? Thanks.

Michelle Marcella