From:
Crosby County Pioneer Memorial Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:55:02 -0500
Hi all!
I was wondering if there was someone out there in museum land who could help
me with some questions I have concerning scanning photos.  The museum I am
interning with is planning on doing a photo documentation project.  They
were wanting to scan the actual photo onto the info sheet as well.

This sounds like a great idea and our scanner is marvelous, but I was
wondering what effects the light from the scanner would have on the photos
themselves.  We were wondering if there is actually heat produced from the
scanner itself and what sort of light is involved since photographs are very
light sensitive due to the chemical nature of the photos themselves.

Using a digital camera has been mentioned.  We do not have one at this time
so I am wanting any info ya'll have on the effects a digital camera may have
on photographs as well.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Sincerely,
  Ginger M. Young
  Assistant to the Director,
  Crosby County Pioneer Memorial Museum