From:
Heleanor Feltham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:30:00 EST
What a dreadfully hard choice!  I thought of the usuals like splitting
the atom or the birth control pill, like computer technology or powered
flight, but in the end my choice would be the emancipation of women.  Not
yet complete, the empowering of just over half the human race seems to me
a transformation devoutly to be wished for and, as it doubles the talent
pool, an incredible contribution to both artistic and intellectual life.
(not to mention providing me with gainful employment)

Heleanor Feltham