From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:00:44 -0700
Fron a job announcement:

> The manager works with classroom teachers "to activate the discovery process
in each student"

Okay, just WHAT does this mean?

Are students little robots with switches or need some kind of chemical catalyst
in order to learn?

Why can't the educator just work with classroom teachers to teach students?
Doesn't any one teach any more? It seems like education these days is about
everything BUT teaching or instructing. And heck, in some cases you don't even
have teachers but "knowledge facilitators."

Sorry to go off on a minor rant about this but as an EDUCATOR, I'd like to know
what I'm supposed to be doing these days. :)

Deb