From:
Shayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:50:12 -0500
Please see the attached job descriptions for current opportunities at Randi
Korn & Associates, museum evaluators.

Position Opening: Senior Associate Randi Korn & Associates, Inc Alexandria, VA 22301 Randi Korn & Associates, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in evaluating museum programs and exhibitions, is seeking a Senior Associate in its Alexandria, VA office, a close-in suburb of Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have strong evaluation, communication, and organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and a desire to join a work environment that is client-centered and pursues excellence. A passion for museums or other kinds of informal learning environments is a plus. Requirement: Masters or Ph.D. in education, evaluation, museum studies, museum education, or a related field and experience evaluating educational programs and experiences (preferably in museums). The successful candidate will have at least five years experience in a public, non-profit, educational, or consulting organization conducting evaluation. This individual will provide consultation to clients, design evaluation strategies, prepare proposals, and participate in all aspects of the evaluation process. This individual will be responsible for independently implementing diverse evaluation projects and services; coordinating contractor data collection teams; developing evaluation tools; collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; and preparing reports and presentations. Qualified candidates will have a portfolio of reports that demonstrate expertise in the job requirements and in current evaluation methods and practices; strong writing, presentation and facilitation skills; and proficiency in the use of technology in all facets of work. Must be able to work independently and as part of project teams. RK&A’s strength is that we are a team. In joining our team you will work with people who love what they do and are driven to learn from each other, our clients, museum visitors, and our museum colleagues around the country. Our casual office environment is comfortable, adaptable, dog-friendly, and we are fun to be around; if you think this is the job for you, we welcome your application. RK&A offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For information about our work, please visit www.randikorn.com. Interested applicants may forward a resume with cover letter, salary requirements, and independently written and edited writing samples to: [log in to unmask], or to: RK&A, 118 E. Del Ray Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22301. Resumes will be accepted through November 30, 2007. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).