From:
"Schroder, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:58:57 -0400
Plenty of people who don't use wheelchairs on a day-to-day basis borrow them
at museums. Think about it, there is never enough seating, we have to stand
and walk around all of the time. Many people could benefit from using a
wheelchair: back problems, arthritis, pregnant... the list can go on.

Also, a very good exercise for museum staff is to go around the museum using
wheelchairs ourselves! Then, we can also better understand what a visit to
your museum may look like for some. Its a completely different experience
and really raises awareness about many barriers you may never thought
existed!
Leah