From:
Heather May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:03:00 GMT+1000
Or is it indeed a customer?

I have just received a position description for a job in a regional
art gallery which stresses  'quality customer service' as one of the key
selection criteria. In fact the first point under each of the headings,
'Position Objectives',  'Key Responsibility Areas', 'Qualifications
and Experience' and 'Personal Attributes' relates to the delivery of
excellent customer service to both 'internal and external customers'.

I would be interested to know how many of you consider your visitors
'customers' and whether you think the perceived ability to deliver 'quality
customer service' should take priority over qualifications and experience in a
museum environment?

Heather
HEATHER MAY
Library Assistant (Collections).  Visual Arts Library
Monash University. Clayton. 3168. Australia
Tel : 61 3 9905 4219               Fax : 61 3 9905 4209
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.monash.edu.au/visarts/dept/hm.html