From:
christine droll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 20:41:38 CST
Patricia Kirkland wrote:
" Argus is recomennding an upgrade to their new Open Edition product, at
considerable expense."

Diane Gutenkauf responded:
"I suspect that Questor is suggesting that you upgrade to their "Open
Insight" based product. Open Insight is a product of Revelation
Technology."

In actual fact:
Questor’s newest product in a collections management database is not
based on Open Insight.  The confusion comes with the naming of the new
product, heretofore known as "Pluto".  The newest product is Argus Open
Edition  (too close to Open Insight, I’ll grant), and it was designed to
operate on the SQL Anywhere database, latterly part of which was taken
over by Microsoft.  It is also being designed to run on Oracle and
Sybase backend engines, but these are still being worked on.

Advanced Argus for Windows (AAW) continues to run on Open Insight.

Christine Droll
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art