From:
Andrew Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 10:02:11 EST
The Museum of London is about to begin a project to inventory its costume
collection of around 20,000 items, as part of a wider three year
commitment to a full museum inventory.

We have been discussing the preferred object naming and classification
approach for the collection, and would like to remain compatible with the
ICOM Costume Classification, developed by members of the ICOM Costume
Committee in the early 1980s. We would be interested to learn of any
museums that are using the ICOM Classification and your impressions of
its use. In addition, if anyone has a basis object name list for costume,
developed out of the ICOM classification or independent of the
classification, we would also be interested to learn of that.

Many thanks

Andrew Roberts
Documentation Officer
Museum of London